Our vision is that every child who needs oxygen will receive it – no matter where they live. We continually evaluate our activities to make sure we are heading the right direction and drive us to do even better. Here is a snapshot of our progress so far.
number of hospitals we have partnered with.
number of states in Nigeria we work.
number of children and newborns who have had pulse oximetry performed using our systems.
number of children and newborns who have received oxygen from our systems.
litres of oxygen delivered to children via our systems.
Here’s what others are saying about us:
Published papers and reports
We believe in honestly evaluating our own activities, and sharing what we are learning through open-access reports and publications, so that others can also benefit. Here are some of our contributions to the science and practice of oxygen therapy.
- Bakare AA, Graham HR, Providing oxygen to children and newborns: a multi-faceted technical and clinical assessment of oxygen access and oxygen use in secondary-level hospitals in southwest Nigeria. International Health 2019. doi.org/10.1093/inthealth/ihz009. Link to article
- Graham HR, Bakare AA, Gray A, et al. Adoption of paediatric and neonatal pulse oximetry by 12 hospitals in Nigeria: a mixed-methods realist evaluation. BMJ global health 2018;3:e000812. doi: 10.1136/bmjgh-2018-000812. Link to article
- Graham H, Tosif S, Gray A, et al. Providing oxygen to children in hospitals: a realist review. Bull World Health Organ 2017;95(4):288-302. doi: 10.2471/blt.16.186676. Link to article
- Graham HR, Ayede AI, Bakare AA, et al. Improving oxygen therapy for children and neonates in secondary hospitals in Nigeria: study protocol for a stepped-wedge cluster randomised trial. Trials 2017;18(1):502. doi: 10.1186/s13063-017-2241-8. Link to article
- Duke T, Graham H, Peel D, et al. Solar powered health care. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2016;20(5):572-3. doi: 10.5588/ijtld.16.0210. Link to article
- Duke T, Hwaihwanje I, Kaupa M, et al. Solar powered oxygen systems in remote health centers in Papua New Guinea: a large scale implementation effectiveness trial. Journal of global health 2017;7(1) doi: 10.7189/jogh.07.010411. Link to article
- Graham H, Ayede AI, Bakare A, et al. Oxygen for children and newborns in non-tertiary hospitals in South-west Nigeria: A needs-assessment. Afr J Med Med Sci 2016(45). Link to article